Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Guest Speaker


Today, I had the pleasure to listen to Dave Saunders who is the Chief Idea Officer of Madison+Main. Mr. Saunders graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University. Madison+Main is a company who did the Richard Bland commercial and is based in Richmond, VA. Listening to Mr. Saunders talk was truly enjoyable. I learned that there are three types of business: 1) The ones you love 2) The ones you hate 3) The ones you don’t know about. Richard Bland right now is considered a number three. That is why Madison+Main is trying a new approach and is trying to make Richard Bland known with the commercials and new website. Also Richard Bland is a people based business, if you look on the internet there are pictures of students all over the website. The pictures are of real students and are not actors. Another business that is considered a people business is Chick-fil-A. Whenever you say thank you at Chick-fil-A they always say “My pleasure”. I’m glad I attended the speach especially because I want to major in business.  

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this speaker as well! I liked that we had someone visit that was working directly with Bland. Bland definitely needs more recognition!

    ReplyDelete