Monday, October 21, 2013

Bullying


Last week in the news, there was a girl named Rebecca Sedwick she was bullied so bad that she jumped from a three story tall cement plant structure. She was only 12 years old.  She changed school to flee from the bullying but it continued on the internet. The girls who bullied her were 12 and 14 years old which honestly blows my mind. How could these two girls be so hateful and harassing to Rebecca to lead her to kill herself? The two juveniles are being charged with aggravated stalking which honestly I believe they should. The 14 year old girl had the audacity to post on Facebook “yes I bullied Rebecca and she killed herself but I don’t give a ___”. It’s one thing for this 14 year old girl to bully a fellow classmate but to write that on her Facebook she has no remorse! My question is where were the parents of the children who were bullying her? If the bullying was so bad that Rebecca had to change schools I am sure that the bullies’ parents knew about. I am in disbelief on how bullying caused a 12 year old to commit suicide she had her whole life ahead of her! When these girls are charged I hope it makes a statement to all of the bullies out there.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on the news as well and I was mortified. I truly believed our country had controlled a majority of the bullying. I agree with you when you said where were the parents....i feel as though they could have done something to help their child and this could have been prevented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy. I had not heard about it. I can't believe those girls would bully a girl and to that extent?! I can't not believe it, I'm shocked! I feel like the parents of the children that were bullying her should be questioned because where were the parents when this was going on. Something needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sad. I'm glad those two girls are being charged for what they have done.

    ReplyDelete