Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"Listen to many, speak to few"

"Listen to many, speak to few" -William Shakespeare

This week during class we talked about an article about a boy that really wanted to be a girl. Topics like this are hard to talk about because they are so debatable and make many people hostile. I honesty had no opinion about it because I think people will say they will do something but when he or she is actually put in the situation it might change. One thing I noticed when watching people discuss, or more like argue, about the topic was some people get very angry and say stuff like “I’m about to go off.” Personally I love hearing everyone’s’ opinion on what he or she might do if they had a kid that wanted to be the opposite sex. Hearing both sides makes me realize views that I have never thought of before. Listening and observing other people’s views truly makes someone intelligent, or at least more aware. When someone blocks out different views it makes them look quite ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment