Wednesday, March 5, 2014

El Orfanato

     For my first outside of class activity, I went to a Spanish movie for my Spanish class. It was called The Orphanage. It was hard to follow but in the end the teacher explained all of it. Basically a woman bought an Orphanage that she use to go to and she was trying to bring it back and open it up again. During the process of trying to reopen the orphanage, her son then goes missing, and the ghost children that use to live at the orphanage had her kid and she had to search for him. The end was very hard to understand and is up to interpretation. The movie was in Spanish with English subtitles, it is a very good movie but like I said before it was a little hard to follow. I would suggest it to people who like scary movies.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen this movie before and I agree that it is rather confusing! I kind of liked it because I love scary movies, but the fact that it is entirely in Spanish kind of dulls down scariness of it. Yes, it does have subtitles but does not really make up for the fact that the people are speaking in Spanish and it really puts a strain on the mind when you are trying to watch and read at the same time.

    ReplyDelete